Centra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to work as the Director of Surgical Services that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in this respective state to work in the specialty area of the Surgical Unit.
The Director Surgical Services is responsible for leading and managing all the surgical services areas. The Director develops organizational structure, a professional climate, and philosophy of patient care, which promotes excellent health care delivery, the execution of clear goals and standards, and continual investigations of alternative methods to improve operations. Works in collaboration with administrative staff, medical staff and other department managers.
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing. MSN required.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse (RN) or willing to obtain licensure in another state, assuming that all pre-requisites have been satisfied.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current BLS and ACLS card.
- CNOR preferred.
- Member of Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses (AORN) required.
- Progressive experience in clinical and nursing management required.
- Minimum 5 years surgical services experience required.
- Three years management experience directing surgical services in an acute care facility required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for development of strategic and tactical plans to maximize the effectiveness of Cardiovascular and pulmonary services.
- Continue to develop product line and expand the business.
- Assesses patient needs, signs and symptoms indicating physiologic and psychosocial changes in the patient's condition
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and information from health care members and documents actual and/or potential nursing diagnoses.
- Documents the patient's plan of care using identified nursing diagnoses, expected patient outcomes, and selected nursing interventions.
- Provides a safe, comfortable and therapeutic patient environment.
- Initiates and evaluates patient and/or family education.
- Revises and documents the plan of care according to evaluation, changes in medical plan of care, and effective/ineffective nursing interventions.
- Monitors the safety and effectiveness of the environment and equipment.
Centra Healthcare Solutions is a nationwide employment firm focusing on talented Nursing professionals. We have many dynamic positions with cutting edge programs throughout the entire United States and various settings to meet each healthcare professional's criteria.
Benefits of a Full Time Permanent Position within Centra's Network:
- We have an expanded list of preferred clientele that have requested confidential searches that you may not be able to find on the general job boards advertisement.
- You will have a designated representative that will get to know your ideal career and work exclusively with you.
- We will assist with the entire negotiation process, including but not limited to sign on and / or retention bonus opportunities and ensure a highly competitive compensation package.
Benefits of a Local Contract or Travel Assignment through Centra:
- Highly competitive pay rates.
- 401(k) plan.
- Direct deposit and weekly pay.
- CEU Reimbursement.
- A chance to explore new places and new opportunities throughout the United States.
- The opportunity to make sure that the career you choose is a good fit before committing to a permanent scenario.
- 100% coverage of the premiums of a comprehensive health insurance plan.
- Licensure reimbursement.
- Housing accommodations or a very competitive tax advantage plan (if you qualify).
- Flexibility of work schedule, including guaranteed hours (if applicable).
- Assignment completion bonuses (if applicable).
- Mileage reimbursement (if applicable).
Please apply online for this fantastic opportunity or feel free to contact us at 1-800-535-0076. We look forward to assisting you in finding an optimal career.